Friday, March 23, 2012

Feasting on God's Word

“Your words were found, and I ate them, and Your word was to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart (inner man, will, heart, soul, understanding, midst (of things),mind (seat of intelligence), knowledge, thinking, reflection, memory, inclination, resolution, determination (of will), conscience, heart (of moral character), as seat of appetites, emotions and passions; as seat of courage); for I am called (summoned; to be named) by Your name (reputation, fame, glory; memorial, monument), O LORD (Jehovah/Yahweh/I AM/The Self-Existent One; Ever Present One) God of hosts.” Jer. 15:16

PONDER: Feasting on God’s Word produces joy in our hearts. As we feast on His Word, we come to know Him for Who He truly is and our identity becomes rooted in Him. Because of Who He is, we are then drawn to Him…intimacy is our hearts’ desire, may we be drawn to Him through His Word.

No comments: